WordPress makes it easy to embed images, tweets, YouTube videos, and other kinds of material by just pasting in the URL, but as of the time of writing, you can not embed documents like PDFs or spreadsheets in the same manner.At best, you can
post a connect to the file making it offered for users to download. That works well, but sometimes you desire users to see the file on your site without having them download it to utilize it elsewhere.There’s an easy way to add this performance to your WordPress website, which is using the Embed Any Document plugin which allows you to embed any document of the following file types:
- Microsoft Word (docx, docm, dotm, dotx)
- Microsoft Excel (xlsx, xlsb, xls, xlsm)
- Microsoft PowerPoint (pptx, ppsx, ppt, pps, pptm, potm, ppam, potx, ppsm)
- Adobe Portable File Format (pdf)
- Text files (txt)
- TIFF Images (tif, tiff)
- Adobe Illustrator (ai)
- Scalable Vector Graphics (svg)
It uses the Google Docs audience or Microsoft Online (whichever you prefer) to display the embeds on your website.Follow the instructions below to set up and configure this plugin on your website.How to Embed Any Document in a WordPress Post 1. First, install the plugin by navigating to”Plugins->
Include New”and get in”Embed any Document “as your search inquiry. Install and activate the” Embed Any Document”plugin. 2. Upon activation, go to”Settings-> Embed Any Document “to configure the plugin’s settings. You can customise the width and height of the embed on your site and select whether to reveal a download link for everyone, logged in users just or no download link at all.
3. When pleased, you can test the plugin by creating a brand-new post: “Posts -> >
Add New.” 4. Click the”Include File”button which ought to be someplace beside “Include Media.”
5. A popup should appear on your screen. In the free variation you have the choice to upload a file or include it from a URL. If you want to embed a file stored in Google Drive, Dropbox, or Box, you’ll need to purchase the pro version to unlock those functions. A possible workaround is to get the document from your cloud storage and upload it using the “Upload document” option.
6. When you have actually picked the document to publish, you will be given the chance to control some alternatives prior to inserting the file. Click the “Insert”button to add the document shortcode to your post.
7. Save the post and preview it to see how the embedded document looks on your website.Alternatives Here are some others plugins that
permit you to embed a document on your site.Wrap Up That’s how simple it is
to include documents to your WordPress site. If you have other methods for embedding documents in WordPress websites, share them with us in the remarks area listed below.